High quality topographic surveying forms the foundation of RDG's river restoration projects. RDG's survey department provides the quality survey services that are necessary to accurately, efficiently, and cost-effectively evaluate existing site conditions, aid in project engineering design, and final construction staking.
RDG offers both traditional Land Survey (only in Montana & Idaho) and Hydrographic Survey services. Using both conventional and satellite based techniques, RDG's surveying capabilities complement RDG's other services by providing imagery, survey data, hydrologic data and base mapping for professional-quality final products.
RDG deploys Trimble GPS units and Topcon and Trimble total stations for collecting accurate precise data. Ground survey data are often integrated into LiDAR datasets to provide the level of detail necessary for producing accurate models and designs.
RDG has developed relationships with two partner firms to provide our clients with LIDAR, hydro-acoustic, and image acquisition services. These innovative techniques enable us to deliver high quality existing ground data for large scale restoration projects.
Traditional Survey Services
- Geodetic Ground Control Surveying (including LiDAR and hydro-acoustic)
- Topographic Surveying and processing
- Construction and Volumetric Surveying
- Boundary survey, retracement and adjustment (service offered only in Montana & Idaho)
- Floodplain delineation, elevation certificates and FIRM map revisions
- General GPS and conventional surveying
- GIS data acquisition and visualization
Hydrographic Survey Services
- Channel plan form, cross-sectional and longitudinal profile surveying
- Water quality sampling
- Suspended and bed load sediment sampling
- Channel habitat, fisheries and condition assessments
- Watershed inventory
- Field verification